:)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yummy Granny Cake


I was in the mood to bake something yummy  for breakfast, but with limited ingredients I looked for a recipe that had what I had.  Well I found Granny Cake.  It was easy to make and at the same time tasted delicious:) I was lucky to have pineapples in the cupboard.  I didn't do the topping they called for but just made a butter icing and drizzled it over the top.  Oh by the way I poked holes all over and then drizzled. It called for nuts on top but my kids really don't care for them so I left them out.  I wanted to make sugar cakes but no buttermilk.  Well hope your weekend is wonderful. 
Granny Cake and Topping
2eggs
1 1/2 c.sugar
2c. flour
1tsp. salt
1tsp. baking soda
1 (20oz.) can crushed pineaples
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Beat together eggs and white sugar, then add flour, salt and soda. Mix well. Add pineapple and mix.  Pour into greased pan.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and chopped nuts.  Bake at 350* for 35 min. ( I made mine in a 13 x 9 pan and it took 20 min.)   Just check it and make sure it's not getting to brown:)

Topping
1 stick butter
1 c. sugar
1c. evaporated milk
1tsp.vanilla
Combine the above ingredients and boil for 2 min.  As soon as cake comes from the oven, pour topping over cake.  Punch holes in cake with a large fork to let topping soak into cake.  Can be served warm or cold.

No comments: