:)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Books, Crocheting and Waiting for Spring
















I have been under the weather the past ccouple of days so haven't been keeping up with life.  I laid on the couch and got my knitting and crochet bag out and crochet some flowers.  Wow what fun!!!!  I could make a ton of these.  I found a video on You Tube on how to make a crochet Cloche Hat.  I hope I can figure it out.  I'm a visual learner.  I can't follow a pattern to save my life.  My mom gave me some old 60's crotchet books.  I made three baby sweaters several years ago.  It seemed easy back then.  My sisters b day was yesterday.  I made a crotchet flower necklace.  It turned out so adorable.  Yesterday at school the librarian was getting rid of old books and had them sitting on a table with help yourself.  Well I love old books and boy did find some oldies.  I hate to see books get thrown out.  I found one of my all time favorites Tasha Tudor I love her books!  Such a beautiful illustrator.  My passion for her I guess comes out because I went to school for art (graphic design).  I love childrens books.  You will probably find me at Borders in the childrens section.  One of the other books was a 60's book on Bird Nest's and I love Bird books.  That's how I came up with my blog name.  There really is a Tailor bird.  It makes the cutest nest out of a leaf and the sews it together.  I have Spring on the brain.  I want to crotchet some bright little flowers and make my own little garden.

3 comments:

dawn said...

awesome Leslie , your site is so interesting, I'm still working on the yo-yo quilt, getting big! MOM

Anonymous said...

Leslie, me again : I liked the necklace, so cute, could you post the directions, Mom

Leslie Ahrens said...

Hi Mom I posted another post with the flower crochet pattern. I can't wait to see your yo-yo quilt!