:)

Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby room to big girl room


The kids love to help!

The original fairy border.

The yellow bed with handpainted flowers.

Almost there!!!!!

Finally finished!

Shabby chic bed spread from friend.

Antique dresser made by Sears

Art work inspired by http://www.shopsmallwords.com/ love her work!

Glittered yarn cones.

Linen cabbage rose valances handmade by my sister:)

Love the Pineapple Finial!!

Painted her pink and blue light switch purple and white.


My daughter loves the color purple.  So I went with purple and painted her room two shades of purple with dark purple on the bottom and the lighter purple on top.  I bought a paintable chair rail and painted the trim and chair rail white.  We went with white shelves to match everything.  I found the bed at my local economy store for 14$:)  When I saw it, it was painted an ugly yellow with hand painted flowers. It was so full of character, with the pineapple finals and the curved arches, what a find!  I found all of her furniture at either yard sales or flea markets.  We still need to do a few more things to the room, such as get rid of the dark blue carpet.  I need to get some more crystal purple knobs.  When my daughter saw her room for the first time she jumped up and down and gave me the biggest hug:)

No comments: